State Bank of India – SBI Career
About the organization: SBI was established in the year 1806 as Bank of Calcutta. It is the oldest bank of India. SBI is headquartered in Mumbai. It has 16000 branches all over India. Over 8500 ATM machines are installed of this bank. Mr.O.P Bhatt is the chairman of this bank, Mr. S.K Bhattacharya is the Managing Director of S.B.I. It is the largest commercial bank of India.
S.B.I has various sub branches like State Bank of Bikaner, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Indore.
Along with sub-branches SBI also has some Non-Banking Subsidiaries like SBI life insurances, SBI Funds Managements, SBI DHFI ltd.
SBI including Indian branches has many other branches all over the world, like in Sydney, Muscat, New York, Maldives.
SBI Career opportunities
SBI Recruitment 2016 – 2017
|Job Opening||Total Posts||Elegibility Criteria||Last Date|
|SBI Recruitment 2016 for 476 Posts of Specialist Cadre||476||B.E/ B.Tech & Full time PG Degree||22-10-2016|
|SBI Recruitment’s 2016 for the Posts of Specialist Officers||18||B.E/ B.Tech / MBA||EXPIRED|
|State Bank of India Probationary Officers Recruitment’s 2016||2200||Graduate||EXPIRED|
We will keep you updated about the recruitment notification on our website. As we all know that banking sector job has always been a matter of concern for all the job seekers. It is considered as the best of best when comes to the Government jobs not only public sector banks private sector banks are also in demand. Their business structure is build on the tagline “With you all the way”, “Pure banking nothing else”, “The nation’s bank on us”,” THE BANKER TO EVERY INDIAN”.
State Bank of India is a multinational, public sector bank. It is also known as the Universal Bank because of its branches all over the world. They have 190 foreign offices in 36 countries. SBI has a very strong history.
About SBI Recruitment: SBI offers excellent job openings ever year for dynamic and eligible candidates who are willing to excel in their life and want to work in the benefit of bank. The bank trusts in hiring candidates who can give quality of work and in return it ensures the blooming and furtherance of their careers.
Posts offered by SBI: SBI Recruitment process occurs every year. The job notifications are published time to time. The posts offered by SBI are:
- SBI Recruitment for the post of PO: Probationary Officers are recruited once in a year. The recruitment is done separately for SBI PO and for PO at associated banks of SBI. The recruitment notifications are generally released in the month of April and September every year.
- SBI Recruitment for the post of Junior Associate: The recruitment of Junior Associate is done for SBI Branches and Associate Branches of SBI. This recruitment is done for Clerical Cadre. However the promotion to officer cadre is done after 3 years of service (if applicable).
- SBI Recruitment process for Lateral Hiring: This recruitment drive is not definite by SBI the advertisement is published as per the vacancies in State Bank of India and its associated banks. The posts for lateral hiring are Economist, Chartered Accountant, Hindi (Official Language) Officers, Law Officers, Security Officers, System Officers, Electrical Engineers, Civil Engineers, Network Engineers, Fire Officers, Medical Officers (Permanent-Part-Time), Risk Analysts etc.
- SBI Recruitment for the Management Trainee: The management trainees are recruited for 5 years. The business of banking sector is also market dependent now like other businesses. The main help can be done to the bank by Human Resources.
Details about SBI Bank PO: SBI bank PO is a profile of high importance. The importance of job comes by the responsibilities of this post. The eligibility criteria for SBI PO and other details are mentioned here please go through it:
SBI PO Eligibility criteria: The eligibility criteria for SBI PO includes following things: Educational Qualification, Salary, Career Prospects of SBI PO, Selection Process and Number of Chances.
SBI PO Educational Qualification for SBI Recruitment: Graduate Degree from any stream.
SBI PO Age Required: The age limit for the candidate should be not below than 21 years and not more than 30 years.
SBI PO Age Relaxation: The age relaxation is given category wise.
SBI PO Number of Chances:
General (PWD): 07
OBC (PWD): 07
ST/ST (PWD): No Restrictions
SC/SC (PWD): No Restrictions
SBI PO Salary: The pay scale of SBI PO is 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020
Basic Pay: Rs. 27620.00
Dearness Allowance (DA): 39.80% of the Basic Pay. In Banks, DA is revised quarterly and is based on the CPI data as revealed by Government of India.
CCA: This is paid @ 4%, 3% or 0% depending on the place of posting.
Special Allowance: For officers it is paid @ rate of 7.75%
Career Prospects: This post is highly progressive; the candidates get promotions in every 3-4 years. The promotions can be done to the following posts:
- Probationary Officer (Assistant Manager, JMGS I)
- Deputy Manager (MMGS II)
- Manager (MMGS III)
- Chief Manager (SMGS IV)
- AGM (SMGS V)
- DGM ( TEGS VI)
- GM (TEGS VII)
SBI PO Selection Process: The selection of SBI PO occurs same on the basis of Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. These are the steps for selection of PO. The final selection is based on the obtained in the Main Examination and Interview.
SBI PO How to Apply: The candidate can apply online. The application form is available at the official website.
SBI PO Application Fees: It is different for different categories.
For General and OBC Category: Rs 600/-
For SC/ST/PWD: Rs 100/-
SBI PO Mode of Payment of Application Fee: The application fee can be paid by Debit Card / Credit Card / Net banking/ online portal of SBI.
SBI Junior Associate
SBI Recruitment for Junior Associate: The posts have been mentioned earlier.
SBI Junior Associate Eligibility Criteria: Graduation from any stream. Only Indian Citizens can apply.
SBI Junior Associate Age Required: The age of the candidate should not be less than 20 years and should not be more than 28 years.
SBI Junior Associate Age Relaxation: Age Relaxation is applicable as per rules.
SBI Junior Associate Salary: The pay band is 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230-1310/1-31540
SBI Junior Associate Selection Process: The selection criteria is similar to other posts, there will be Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview.
SBI Junior Associate How to Apply: The candidate has to apply Online. The online application forms are available on the Official website.
SBI Lateral Hire
SBI Lateral Hiring details of Post: The posts for lateral hiring are Economist, Chartered Accountant, Hindi (Official Language) Officers, Law Officers, Security Officers, System Officers, Electrical Engineers, Civil Engineers, Network Engineers, Fire Officers, Medical Officers (Permanent-Part-Time), Risk Analysts etc
SBI Lateral Hire Eligibility Criteria: The eligibility criteria is mentioned below:
- SBI Lateral Hire Educational Qualification: The educational qualification should be according to the post the applicant has applied.
- SBI Lateral Hire Age Required: The age of the candidate should not be less than 20 years and should not be more than 28 years.
- SBI Lateral Selection Process: There is no exam conducted if the numbers of applications are less however if the numbers of applications are more then written exam is taken. Hence The candidates are selected on the basis of Interview.
SBI Management Trainee
SBI Management Trainee Educational Qualification: Graduation
SBI Management Trainee Selection Process: The selection will be done through Group Discussions / Test followed by personal interviews.
Traits Searched in Employees during SBI Recruitment
SBI Recruitments occur every year, the strength of any organization lies within its employees. Likewise SBI searches for following qualities in its employees. The ultimate traits that SBI Searches in its employee are:
- Willingness to Learn
- Team Player
- Effective Communication
- Strong Leadership Potential
- Analytical Ability
I am unable to find the link to apply for the new openings. Can you please help?
Answer: Please visit “Current Openings” page in Join SBI. The list of openings is mentioned on the page. Make sure you register before the last date.
I am unable to upload photo and signature.
Answer: The advertisement as well as the relevant registration page prescribes detailed guidelines for uploading the photo and signature. The preferred photo dimensions are 200 x 230 pixels and the file size should be between 20kb-50kb. The signature image should be of 140 x 60 pixels (preferred) and the size between 10kb – 20kb.
I have not received confirmation mail for registration and password.
Answer: Email/SMS is triggered and the same is sent to the candidates on the email ID and Mobile number registered by them while applying for the post. Kindly check the same.
Payment has been debited from the account but I have not received registration confirmation.
Answer: The candidate should take Print Out of it.